- Oregon to Host Ultimate Athlete Contest – Wend Magazine http://bit.ly/1P77h #
- who are the best adventure racers in the world? #
- Great post over @NerdFitness about "leveling up your life, diet, fitness and random goodness" http://bit.ly/hzIOJ #
- Blog for Team Blackheart, one of the top contending teams for the Adventure Racing World Championships in November: http://bit.ly/nSdrH #
- It's Time For Big Wave Surfing at Nescott Reef http://bit.ly/8I5Tm #
- RT @NerdFitness The Search for the Ultimate Athlete | Nerd Fitness http://retwt.me/br15 #
- via @ PostFontaines Nike Running – Human Race – What Makes You Unique As A Runner? http://bit.ly/4qtIPL #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Adventure Racing – WHY? http://bit.ly/FJ3MS #
- RT @weekinrewind GIVEAWAY: Apple's Brand New iPod Nano 16GB! | Week in Rewind/Movies http://bit.ly/34D5j #
- RT @TravelCoosBay: Here is the winner of the prefontaine race, he even looks like pre! http://twitpic.com/iblsk #
- RT @shawnlewis: Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it – Steve Prefontaine #
- In today’s world, would Steve Prefontaine be an ultimate athlete? http://bit.ly/S0r2U #
- whoa. surfing in sweden: http://bit.ly/2uRhSj #
- How To Share Your Photos With Us On Twitter, Flickr and Facebook http://bit.ly/Y8o0c #
- that's me, @podcasthotel, with "old blue," my beloved cruiser #sfua #fb http://bit.ly/1cVKGe #
- Adam Craig: Scouting The Falls #sfua #fb http://bit.ly/5RV95 #
- Thanks@kungfujedi for the post on The Adventure Blog: Are You The Ultimate Athlete? http://bit.ly/2q238y #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Too Cool Adventure Race at Camp Eagle 2008 http://bit.ly/CZ0Ll #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Adventure Racing – What it is like. http://bit.ly/9wJcC #
- Oregon Live features Search For The Ultimate Athlete http://bit.ly/tSx4W #
- U cant start training 2 early for SFUA @RachieLG: had my son outside running soccer drills haha he is going to be like the ultimate athlete #
- via @joneslola – The Mutt – Skateboarding's best – Rodney Mullen #
- Thanks to Outdoorzy for the post about SFUA! http://bit.ly/QOH2Y #
- I favorited a YouTube video — 50 Great Moments in NYRR History: Alberto Salazar, 1981 NYC Marathon http://bit.ly/paoyp #
- Jackie Robinson: An Ultimate Athlete Who Changed Sports History http://bit.ly/rPHHV #
- The WuLong Quest starts tomorrow. http://bit.ly/11Q1pO #
- Will the ultimate athlete be a woman? http://bit.ly/3a9ODq #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Franz Klammer – 1976 Olympic Gold Medal Run http://bit.ly/BsKc4 #
- @scottbird – we saw your site. would you like to contribute to our blog? http://bit.ly/mdk5e do you accept guest blog posts for your site? #
- I favorited a YouTube video — JM Vincent (re)public http://bit.ly/yluhc #
- I favorited a YouTube video — The Ultimate Athlete http://bit.ly/1wxWft #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Extreme sport tricks http://bit.ly/14mukl #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Inspirational movie on Ironman triathlete Jason Lester http://bit.ly/2Nt4hg #
- He's 71 and climbing. Great shot: http://bit.ly/hlsLV #
At long last, SFUA is upon us. Thanks to the vision of Yves Garceau and others, sport has taken a giant step forward, and a new type of athlete will emerge.
There is “Ultimate”, and there is “Great.” We have seen the greatest; those who excel in long established disciplines in which competition is fierce and tradition is rich. Jordan, Gretzky, Nash, Naish, Armstrong, Gabreselassie, Federer, Bolt, Woods; these incomparable athletes competed against fellow phenoms and took it to another level, capturing the world’s attention in doing so. “Ultimate” is, by definition, “incapable of further separation.” Ultimate fighters can no longer be separated by styles, and must draw on a number of disciplines to defeat their opponent. But are they “greater” than Ali?
The Ultimate Athlete, by definition, is the victor of a multi-sport athletic event to be held in Oregon next summer, nothing more, nothing less. Whether greatness emerges, time will tell.
That being said, The Ultimate Athlete will need to be a specimen in his/her own right. This event requires a rare combination of speed, stamina, endurance, power, skill, courage, and, let’s face it, an upbringing that exposed the competitor to a myriad of athletic opportunities. However, there are important athletic traits that this competition ostensibly won’t be able to measure either, such as play making ability and court/field vision, which, to me, are the hallmarks of an exceptional competitor.
Those who truly “get” this concept, REJOICE! One who does get it can be seen at:
Let the games, races, rounds, passes, attempts begin!